I don’t have any updates on the CB175 as of yet. I admit I kinda lag on this stuff. Work has been busy as hell (a good thing as I work on commission).
Anyway, I decided to upholster the seat on the Scarmbler. I use to have a stick on foam seat, which I liked the race bike look it gave it, but I wanted something a bit more vintage looking.
So went to the fabric store and bought some inexpensive vinyl. As this is my first upholstery job, I didn’t want to waste alot of money. I dusted off the Singer and went to work.
I put the foam on the seat pan and trimmed it with a brand new razor blade. This is very important, because if the blade is dull it will tear the foam instead of a perfect slice.
Then I did the cross stitches. I did 30mm apart. And yes I did millimeters to keep the bike metric. I used a ruler and a leather pencil to measure it out.
I did the piping and tacked it into place.
I drilled holes throught the seat pan and the base and put screws through the seat pan/ foam side. Then I hot glued the screws onto the pan so they don’t slip while tightening the nuts on the underside. Spray the seat foam with some 3M spray glue, so the vinyl doesnt slip around. I trimmed the fat of the vinyl and hot glued it to the underside of the seatpan. Then I mounted the seat pan to the seat.
So that’s the seat. Next on the list for the scrambler is new spokes and polished hubs. Let me know what you think.